Wednesday, March 10, 2010

NIC*FISH Interview on Istylelist

What were the inspirations behind your current collection?

“The inspiration for the collection is chic comfortability. NIC*FISH is all about creating incredibly chic, comfortable, timeless pieces, in great fabrics, that can take a women from day to night seamlessly. The entire collection is comprised of convertible jumpsuits, allowing a woman to bring her personal style to the jumpsuit with infinite tying options of the bodice sashes.”

What was the first piece you ever made?

“At about 10 years old, I made fabric buttons and sequined tees with my design mentor, Sayida Hafiz. She taught me an incredible amount about the art of apparel design. I still apply her concepts to my work today.”


Read full interview here.

No comments: