Thursday, March 24, 2011

I'm beautiful because...

I wrote the following note today on the NIC*FISH facebook fan page.
Please feel free to share your thoughts on beauty & why YOU are beautiful. <3


Hi Ladies! It has been on my heart the past few days to begin a discussion with each of you about the concept of "BEAUTY". We are bombarded each day with faux standards of beauty. So often, we see images in media that are not aligned with our physical appearances, our lifestyles, our cultural traditions.... Subconsciously, these superficial messages create an internal battle because you are made to feel that you need to be a certain size, or have this product, or drive this car, or have this house, or this job, or this certain amount of money to be happy, which is an absolute farce... Beauty come from within, and feeling 100% about yourself has nothing to do with aquiring things, or being molded into an image that is untrue to who you really are, on the inside.

So my questions are: When you look in the mirror what do you see? How do you truly feel about yourself? How do you feel about your life? Why are you beautiful?

I would like to pose an "I'm Beautiful" challenge to all of you... The challenge is simple: You will look in the mirror every day, and take a few minutes to affirm everything you LOVE about yourself - on the inside & on the outside. Look yourself in the eyes when you express your affirmations, and take as much time as you need to get all of your POSITIVE thoughts out.

This exercise may seem really simple, and a bit silly to some, but trust me - it produces an immediate shift in consciousness, because the positive loving affirmations are replacing all of the downer thoughts & emotions that cloud your subconscious... many times unknowingly.

My hope is that over time, this exercise will help you to see yourselves for the Beautiful Queens that you are, inherently. Regardless of body shape, dress size, ethnicity, socio-economic background, education, relationship status, family status, etc - YOU are phenomenal.

This positive energy can also be transferred into your life overall, by continually affirming & claiming the things you wish to see in your most perfect vision of life. Affirmations create action, and the action ultimately creates the manifestation of the dream. Believe in yourselves ladies, and let your lights SHINE!

I'll start off this exercise, and hopefully you all will comment with messages - letting everyone know why YOU are radiantly beautiful!

Nicole Fisher: I'm beautiful because.... I am a humble spirit who is deeply thinking - I love my mind and how creative thoughts flow.... I am beautiful because I've been blessed with motherhood, and I've vowed to be absolutely amazing for my son - to share with him the great beauty of life - in education, art, culture, cuisine, and access to opportunities that surpass my own. I am beautiful because I love my family, and I love my life, in its awesome imperfection. I am beautiful because I love my curves, and I am thankful for the body I've been blessed with - its strong & long & able to carry me through the journey of life. I'm beautiful... just because I am.

No comments: