Sunday, January 15, 2012

2011 - NIC*FISH In Overview

In my last post, I promised to blog more (my blogging resolution) - Well, that didn't happen, lol! My bad. In 2011, lot's of exciting things happened! So I will attempt to stuff all of the good stuff in this post...

CELEBRATION: My baby boy turned 1!!! As a new mom, this was thee highlight of 2011 - Watching him grow & develop continues to be one of the most inspirational & fascinating aspects of my life. I love that lil' guy. <3


TEACHING: I designed curriculum and taught classes to middle school & high school students at Moore College of Art & Design & Education Works, Inc. I absolutely LOVE teaching, and I truly hope my students gained not only "fashion" knowledge from our time together, but the unwavering courage to believe in themselves and persevere, no matter what.


PRESS: I was blessed with some really great press in 2011, including:




And last, but certainly not least JET MAGAZINE!!! Check out my separate post on this amazing press opportunity!


DESIGN RESEARCH: I developed the new NIC*FISH collection in 2011 - The process of independent design is much different than a "corporate" design calendar - So I had lots of time to luxuriate over what I really wanted to say with this new collection. I wanted it to have a VOICE... to not be trite... and to continue to have the same vibe & aesthetic that NIC*FISH has become known for - simple, funky, timeless, transitional pieces - made for super stylish women. So, I think I nailed it - you will have to tell me what you think about it when it launches!! <3

NEW COLLECTION PHOTOSHOOT: I shot the new collection with an AMAZING team of creatives - Kia Sterling (Hair), Deidre Grant (Make-Up), Suzi Analogue (Nails), Joshua Black (Photographer) & Talia Arochas (Model)... The shoot was soooooooooo AWESOME - The "vision" came to life, for sure - I can't thank this team enough - they rocked it!!! I will share behind the scenes pics in a separate post! <3



No comments: