Sunday, January 15, 2012

NIC*FISH ~ 2012-2013 Collection Inspiration


FRIDA KAHLO


THE KISS

The new collection was inspired by a host of influences:

1. Gustav Klimt - I purchased a calendar of Kilmt's most famous work, from the Louvre in Paris, and since then, Klimt has been my favorite artist EVER! "The Kiss", my favorite painting EVER! The color palette of the new collection was inspired by the colors within "The Kiss". Also, the hair direction in the new collection photoshoot was inspired by the hair styles of the women within Klimt's paintings. Check out Klimt's work HERE.

2. Frida Kahlo - I've always admired Frida as an incredible icon of femininity, strength, triumph over adversity, and talent that continues to speak volumes. The make-up direction for the new collection photoshoot was inspired by Frida. Check out Frida HERE.

3. Matisse - I love the simplicity & fluid ease of the subjects in Matisse's art - I wanted that easy-breezy fluidity to be translated into this new collection. Check out Matisse's work HERE.

4. Hanbok: Korean Traditional Garb - I LOVE the beautiful color blocked hues, and high waist proportions of this silhouette, as well as the layering - This was a major inspiration for the new collection. Check out Hanbok's HERE.

5. Thai Fisherman Pants - How easy & simple, right? Check out this silhouette HERE. I thought long & hard about making this super simple style into something that was stylish and fashionable - in a new and exciting way. I created four silhouettes in the new collection: NIC*FISH Wrap Pencil, NIC*FISH Wrap Maxi, NIC*FISH Wrap Skinny & NIC*FISH Wrap Trouser - You have to let me know what you think about these new silhouettes!

6. 70's Glam - I think every NIC*FISH collection has a bit of this influence because I absolutely LOVE this time period of fashion - The high waist silhouettes, and the fluid draping of disco garb - love it! As well as anything metallic: gold, gold & more gold!

No comments: